International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA)
The key to solving the climate crisis is designing with nature.
Through Nature-based Solutions and technological innovation, landscape architects protect and repair global ecosystems; foster human health, well-being and happiness; cool the environment and draw down atmospheric carbon. IFLA is calling on its members in 77 nations throughout the globe to accelerate action in support of preventing the 1.5°C increase.
As a global profession, we commit to:
- Advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Dramatically reducing operational and embodied carbon emissions, while increasing biogenic carbon sequestration.
- Designing green infrastructure that mitigates urban heat island effect, and reduces the risks associated with fire, drought, and flood.
- Increasing advocacy for equity and equality, food security and the right to clean water and happiness for all.
- Respecting and working with indigenous cultural land management knowledge to mitigate climate change impacts and continue working towards reconciliation.
- Collaborating with clients, suppliers, and allied professions to champion climate positive design.
Learn more here.